Who doesn’t love pancakes? If you asked my children what’s your favourite breakfast? I know for a fact ‘pancakes’ would be top of the list. So here’s my way of sneaking some vegetable goodness into pancakes
Banana, Spinach and oat pancakes… bear with me… I know it sounds like an odd mix of flavours but it works and you get veggies, protein, healthy fats and lots of gut friendly fibre in at breakfast time! Top these pancakes with yogurt, berries or a drizzle of chocolate or just eat them as they are.
Recipe by Dr Chintal Patel
- 1 ripe banana
- 100gms frozen spinach
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Coconut oil for frying
- Yogurt, berries, nuts, seeds or chocolate sauce to serve
- First defrost the spinach in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Next mix with all the other ingredients and blend together to make a thick batter
- Next pan fry a couple of tablespoons of batter for each pancake in a little coconut oil for about 2 minutes either side
- It really is that easy!
- Serve with yogurt and berries, a drizzle of chocolate or a sprinkle of nuts & seeds
- Or simply as they are