- 500gms chestnut mushrooms – washed
- 1 large red onion – roughly chopped
- 1 garlic bulb – sliced in half
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 organic low salt stock cube
- 50gms sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional – 2 tablespoons dried porchini mushrooms – rehydrated with a little boiling water
- Put the mushrooms, red onion and sliced garlic bulb into a roasting dish.
- Add salt & pepper and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Roast @180’ for about 25-30mins.
- Remove from oven and squeeze out the garlic cloves from the skins – they will be soft and sweetly roasted
- Dissolve the stock cube in water and add to the roast veg & garlic
- blend to smooth
- To make the crunchy sunflower seeds simply toast the sunflower seeds in a hot pan with 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Sprinkle on the soup to serve.
- Enjoy with a slice of crusty sourdough