Dumplings are always a big hit in our household. Recently we started making them ourselves and i have no idea why we haven’t done this sooner!
They are easy to make, great fun to make together with your children and the best thing is that you can control what goes in and sneak in extra veggies at the same time!
Recipe by Dr Chintal Patel
- 40 ready made dumpling wrappers
- 150gms raw prawns or shitake mushrooms for vegan version
- 4-6 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2-3 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- soy sauce to taste
- Soy Sauce & chilli oil or dumpling vinegar to serve
- First finely chop the spinach, prawns and mushrooms
- Next, fry the spring onions in the oil. Once soft, add the garlic, ginger and chopped prawns.
- Season with soy sauce and pan fry for a couple of minutes until the prawns start to turn pink – they will cook further when steamed so don’t need to be fully cooked.
- Next stir in the chopped spinach and let it wilt just slightly.
- Now your mix if ready, fill it into the dumpling wrappers
- Steam for 10 minutes to cook the dumplings
- Serve right away with dumpling vinegar