Crispy Sesame Tofu
Here’s a vegetarian recipe the whole family will love. My children love crispy tofu (although they are not so keen on the ‘soggy’ version!) Most importantly you can literally whip this up in 10 minutes so its a great mid week meal when you are short of time.
Make sure you buy the firm or extra firm tofu – this recipe wont work as well if the tofu is too soft.
I served it with some veggie packed udon noodles.
- 500gms firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons corn flour
- 2-3 tablespoons Soy sauce to taste
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds (black or white)
- C0riander leaves, red chilli & spring onions to serve
- First peel and mince the garlic. Next chop the tofu into cubes (leave it only roughly drained so it is still wet) and toss in the cornflour so it sticks & coats each cube
- Pan fry the coated tofu in the olive oil at a high heat for a few minutes until it is golden and crispy
- Next, turn the heat down to low, add the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, & sesame seeds to the crispy tofu and stir fry a few more minutes
- The sesame seeds will stick to the tofu pieces
- Slice the spring onions, chilli & coriander and sprinkle on top to serve
- Serve right away with some veggie noodles – see separate post