Coconut & Cinnamon Quinoa Porridge
Have you tried adding quinoa to your porridge? Quinoa is gluten free, high in protein and one of the few plant based foods that contains all nine essential amino acids making it a complete source of protein. This is especially important if you are following a vegan diet.
I often add it to porridge, it is incredibly versatile and can take up the flavour of anything you add to the porridge.
Recipe by Dr Chintal Patel
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 50gms dried quinoa
- 2.5 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Honey or maple syrup to taste
- Desiccated coconut and cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Mix all the ingredients except the toppings into a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes until the quinoa is full cooked
- Add a little more coconut milk to desired consistency as needed
- Sprinkle with desiccated coconut and cinnamon to serve