- 400gms wholemeal bread flour
- 100gms quinoa flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7gms fast action yeast sachet
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 250mls warm water
- 200mls passata
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- Salt to taste
- Toppings of choice – I used mozzarella, tomatoes , sweet corn and peas to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 200’C
- Mix all the dry ingredients first.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour
- Add the olive oil to the water and pour it into the the well.
- Slowly mix all the flour and water together to form a dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave to rise in a warm place (I put it near a radiator). It will double so use a large bowl. If you’re in a rush I have used the dough straight away too and it’s still good
- To make the tomato sauce, heat the passata, olive oil, salt and dried herbs in a saucepan and simmer until it thickens – about 10 minutes
- Divide the dough into 4 and roll as thin as you like your base, top with the tomato sauce and your choice of toppings
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes depending on how thick your base is.
- You want the edges a bit crispy & the cheese melted
- Top tip – make extra dough and pop it into the freezer for use another day