Chocolate Orange Porridge
Chocolate + Orange = match made in heaven in my opinion! So why not combine them with your breakfast porridge?
Oats are a delicious gluten free wholegrain perfect for slow release energy throughout the morning. They are low GI so avoid sugar spikes and are a great source of pre biotic fibre to keep our gut microbiome healthy and can also help to reduce cholesterol.
This is one of our favourite ways to start the day, especially on a cold winter morning… a warm bowl of comforting choco oats!
Recipe by Dr Chintal Patel
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1.5 cups milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter (optional)
- 2 drops orange oil extract or essence
- honey or maple syrup to taste
- Simply combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil.
- Simmer for a few minutes and serve right away
- Add a little more or less milk to adjust the consistency, personally, I like my porridge a little runny.
- Sprinkle on some cacao powder or cacao nibs to serve