Blueberry Purple Porridge
This was actually a porridge idea concocted by my youngest aged aged 5. He loves blueberries where as his older brother is not a fan… so by blending them into this purple porridge.. the offensive blueberries were effectively ‘hidden’ and everyone was happy!
Little do they both know I actually blended a little frozen cauliflower into the mix too… sneaking those veggies in at breakfast time ;-)… so we are all winners here!
Recipe by Dr Chintal Patel
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2.5 cups milk of choice
- 75gms bluebrries or frozen blueberries
- 75gms frozen cauliflower
- 1 large tablespoon cashew nut butter to stir in at the end (optional)
- First pop the blueberries and frozen cauliflower into a blender and blend to a smooth
- Add this to the rest of the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil
- simmer for about 5 minutes until thick and creamy
- Just before serving stir in 1 tablespoon cashew butter to serve