- 200gms blueberries or use frozen blueberries
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 2-4 tablespoons honey or Agave nectar (Vegan)
You can make this jam with a variety of fruits.
As general rule, I use a ratio of 50gms berries: 1 tablespoon chia seeds: 1 tablespoon honey (optional as often the berries are sweet enough)
- Cook 200gms of blueberries (this really works with any berries) in a heavy pan with 2 tablespoons of agave nectar or honey (optional) and the cinnamon stick until the juicy berries burst and soften.
- Cook for about 10 minutes and then remove the cinnamon stick and mash the berries.
- Add 4 tablespoons of chia seeds and stir.
- Spoon into a clean jam jar and leave to set for an hour or so
- The chia seeds will swell up and thicken up the jam.
- If it’s not thick enough, add more chia seeds.
- If the berries are a bit tart, add a little more honey as needed