- 400gms candy or any raw beetroot – thinly sliced (I used a mandolin)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- chilli flakes to taste
- Pomegranate & micro- greens to sprinkle on top.
- First thinly slice the beetroot, this is best done with a mandolin or peeler.
- Next place the beetroot slices in a dish and pour on the vinegar & olive oil and leave to marinade overnight (or you could leave it just an hour)
- add salt & pepper to taste
- Next peel & smash the avocado with the lime juice and chilli flakes and salt to taste
- When ready to serves, layer the beetroot slices on the plate
- Top with the avocado & lime smash
- Sprinkle on the pomegranate & microgreens
- As an alternative how about feta & mint to sprinkle on top?