Banana & Oat Muffins
Perfect on a Sunday morning with a cup of chai… or as a make ahead grab and go breakfast, snack or picnic.
Only 6 ingredients and so quick and easy even my boys can whip these up in a flash. I made these one day when i was craving my banana bread but didn’t have the patience for it to take 45 minutes to bake… this is a similar recipe but as they are baked in smaller muffin moulds – you can have your cake and eat it sooner!
If you don’t like banana you can substitute them with a similar amount of ripe pear or steamed apples/apple sauce – both work really well.
Throw in nuts, seeds or blueberries for a variation too – delicious!
Recipe by Dr Chintal Patel
- 3 ripe bananas
- 200gms oats -ground to a flour like consistency
- 100gms butter/plantbased butter
- 3 eggs (or 3 chia eggs if vegan)
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Pecan nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds – optional extra
- 150gms Blueberries – optional extra
- First mash the banana to a smooth pulp
- Next melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds, add to the banan pulp and stir well.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time
- Finally add the ground oats, baking powder & cinnamon and mix well
- Spoon the mix into 12 muffin cases
- Bake @170@C (Fan) for about 20-25minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean
- These muffins taste best on the day of baking, store in the fridge for a couple of days if not eating right away