Banana and oat pancakes
Without doubt this is the most viewed, the most liked and the most popular recipe on my website and Instagram page. Banana and oat pancakes.
It also happens to be our favourite recipe of all time too!
It really is such a simple recipe and my children can easily whip up the mix themselves now ready for me to help them fry almost every Saturday morning.
You can vary the flavour by adding cacao powder instead of cinnamon and serve with bananas, a drizzle of chocolate, or honey or just eat them as they are.
Recipe by Dr Chintal Patel
- 1 large ripe banana (plus one more to serve)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil for frying
- Maple syrup/honey/chocolate sauce to serve – optional
- First mash the banana
- Next mix in the eggs, oats, cinnamon & baking powder
- Heat a tiny bit of coconut oil on a frying pan on medium heat
- Spoon a heaped tablespoon of the pancake mix on to the pan
- Fry for 2 minutes each side
- Serve right away with more sliced banana and a drizzle of optional maple syrup, honey or chocolate sauce!