Avocado Chocolate Brownies
Avocado chocolate brownies…. the perfect way to use up ripe avocados and all that Easter chocolate! My children (both of whom are NOT avocado fans) gobbled these up even after learning they contained the dreaded avocado – that is definitely a win for mummy!
We enjoyed this on a picnic yesterday & also warmed up in the microwave with a large dollop of clotted cream
For a vegan option, use ‘chia eggs’
Recipe by Dr Chintal Patel
- 2 Ripe Avocados – peeled & mashed
- 50gms coconut sugar
- 100gms chocolate spread @jimjams_spreads
- 2 eggs
- 75gms SR flour
- 30gms cacao powder
- 100gms dark chocolate
- Frosting – optional – 100gms chocolate spread
- First cut the avocados in half and scoop out all the pulp into a food processor
- Add all the other ingredients except the dark chocolate and blend in the food processor to make a smooth batter
- Break the dark chocolate into chunks and stir into the brownie mix
- Pour the brownie mix into a 20 x 20cm baking tray
- Bake in the oven @180’C for about 20 minutes to make extra gooey delicious brownies!
- When cool, cut into 16 equal squares
- Optional – add chocolate spread frosting if desired to make it extra chocolatey!
- Serve warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or clotted cream