Not quite what we were expecting when you said ‘doughnuts mummy, but still yummy’ was the response I received when I served these up for a play date snack!
Why not give them a go, fun to make together as a family and you can vary the toppings and sprinkles to your taste.
A fun way to introduce new nuts, seeds or toppings into your diet.
Recipe by Dr Chintal Patel
- 2 apples
- Cashew or peanut butter (see recipe)
- Chia jam (see recipe)
- Pecan nuts, chia seeds, desiccated coconut, pumpkin seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds
- Or your choice of nuts and seeds to top
- First slice the apple across ways in approx. 1cm slices.
- Use a knife or a small round cutter to remove the core leaving a ‘hole’ in the middle
- Top with nut butter or chia jam & your choice of toppings
- Sprinkle on some seeds or nuts too for a bit of extra crunch