Chocolate Banana Bread
So my banana bread just got a chocolatey makeover thanks to my children!
Not surprisingly, post Easter we always seem to have a surplus of chocolate in the house, so here’s one way I’m planning on using it all up!
Recipe by Dr Chintal Patel
- 3 large ripe bananas (plus 1 extra for decorating)
- 3 large eggs (or 3 chia eggs = 1 tablespoon chia powder & 3 tablespoons water, mixed & left for a few minutes)
- 100gms butter/plant based butter
- 150gms ground oats (plus extra for decorating)
- 50gms Cacao powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 100gms chocolate chips or a bar broken into small chunks
- First whisk up the butter
- Next mash the banana
- Mix half the oats & banana, 2 eggs & half the cacao powder into the butter & mix well
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until all combined
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper
- Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin
- decorate with a sliced banana and a sprinkle of oats
- Bake in a pre heated oven @170’C (fan) for about 45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.